Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Answer

Okay...I said I knew two of my readers should know the answer to the question I asked in the first comment one my post called "Rosters". Neither of them have seen the question I am guessing. So here is the answer for the rest of you who were waiting for it. (that would be no one) And for those of you who had forgotten about it, and are sick of my baseball post...(that would be everyone)...here it is anyway.

Click here

Joey Devine was the pitcher that gave up Chris Burke's homer in the bottom of the 18th inning, sending the Astros to the NLCS for the second stright year. Six games later they were in the World Series.

4 comments:

Marks of Faith said...

18 innings was that in that game alone or a combo of games? Good moment by the way...kind of feel bad for the Atl pitcher though...not TOO bad however.

Robert L. said...

That was all in one game. Astors pulled with in one when we hit a grand smal in the 8th, then tied it up on a solo shot in the bottom of the 9th with two outs. Then another nine innings latere the Astros won on the homer by Burke.

Robert L.

John Calvin said...

I knew the answer as soon as I read the Atlanta Braves, and 2005. Unfortunately, I did not check in soon enough to answer the question. To help Jennifer remember, it was while the Wolf's were down visiting us, which did not stop us from being overjoyed at the Astros defeat of the Braves. That was a good game, Go Astros, and Team USA!

Robert L. said...

Yes you were one of the two people I knew who would know the answer.

Robert L.