Sunday, August 10, 2008

Funny?

My family is rather funny sometimes. If fact more often then not someone is saying something or doing something that is funny. Sometimes it is funny right then and there, other times it is something that we laugh at later. For instance the other week when my mother asked Rebecca (my youngest sister) why the kitchen had not been cleaned all the way, Calvin (my older brother) interjected teasingly that she had slept through kitchen clean up time. She tried to defend herself and made the profound statement "I have not slept since I woke up." We all found this very funny.
Then there was the time that Rebecca decided to do her school work up in my parents room. And she decided to open the window. This time it was not funny till it was over. She left the room for lunch and when she came back, a whole hive of Yellow jackets had found there way through the open window and were making themselves at home in my parents bedroom. Twenty or thirty of them if I recall. She called for help and I responded. The Yellow jacket problem was fixed finally when I turned on the fan and shut the door. Five minutes later all but two of them were gone. The air being disturbed made it hard for the Yellow jackets fly around at will and they high tailed it back to the outdoors. We then shut the window and killed the last two. At the time that it was happening it was not funny at all. The thought of battling twenty-five stinging insects for the rest of the day did not sound funny. But after the crisis was over...it seemed a lot easier to laugh about it.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Couldn't you remember something about the other kids instead!!!
I know Calvin has done and said tons of stupid things! Could you not have put them in there too????
Oh well! I still got a laugh out of it.(Even if it was at my own cost.)

Your littlest sister
Rebecca Marie

Marks of Faith said...

One riot, one family! : )

Hannah Leigh said...

Tut tut! Picking on your little sister like that! :D
Oh well, like me picking on my brother!

interesting stories Robert!

-Rose

Robert L. said...

I would not call that picking on Rebecca. More like critically acclaiming her acts to the public. Or something like that.