Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pirates

Pirates. When most people think of them they think of scum on the high seas. Although I do not have a much different opinion of them I do not think of them as being on the high sea. If fact during the next couple of days I will think of them as the road the Houston Astros have to travel over to make post season play this year. The Pittsburgh Pirates have been a thorn in the side of the Astros for the last two years, handing us more losses then another division foe. And we have seven games with them out of the twenty or so we have left to the season. And with the Cubs and Brewers stumbling as of late and the Astros playing the best ball in the second half, makes me feel that the six game deficit we have in the wild card race is not a long shot. The Astros won't give in and I will not give up hope. The Phillis and the Rockies had great comeback runs that lead to the playoffs last year, with the Rockies making it to the World Series.
So with those two teams in mind, along with the 04 and 05 Astro comebacks..."Go get them Stros!"

9 comments:

Robert L. said...

I thought I might mention...on my baseball poll, I would recommend you not vote for the Designated Hitter on pain of death. As they are only use for the A.L. teams...And we do not like the A.L. teams! :)

Robert L. The first and most likely last person to comment on his own baseball post.

Hannah Leigh said...

Hmmmmm. Is Jack Sparrow going to be there???
(If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't ask!)

-Rose

Robert L. said...

What are you talking about? :) No I know who you are referring to, and if he is there it did not help them as the Pirates fell short against the Stros in a 3-2 defeat. I am looking forward to tomorrows game as the Brewers lost as well to put us just 5 games back of them. Go Houston!

Robert L.

Marks of Faith said...

Arrrrr mate! Best luck to the Astros!!!

Hannah Leigh said...

Hope they win! :D
(Oh, and even if Jack was there, I KNOW that he wouldn't be any help!:P)

-Rose

Hannah Leigh said...

Hey,
I heard about "Ike"...you guys be careful!

-Rose

John Calvin said...

I almost voted designated hitter just for the fun of it, but I am too serious a baseball fan to do that. So I voted for First Base, as that was Jeff Bagwell's position.

John Calvin.

Robert L. said...

Ike? Should I have heard about this Ike fellow? Who's he? Or she? From the warning it sounds like he must be some dangerous fellow. :)

Robert L.

Hannah Leigh said...

Hm, looks like you don't keep up with the news! :)

-Rose